600 Congress Ave
Austin, TX 78701
Liveoak Technologies has an immediate opening for a software engineer to join our Austin-based development team. We’re an early-stage financial technology startup that has won several key engagements with global customers and are building out our services to support the new business.
You will work closely our product and development team and with customers to build robust user friendly. High-quality code, scalable architecture, and increasing customer adoption are the key metrics of success for this role.
- Develop and maintain new features for major customers
- Design and wireframe new web applications and features
- Full-stack implementation and bug fixes on Liveoak web applications
- You have a depth of experience (3-6 yrs) working with production Ruby on Rails, jQuery and WebSocket applications.
- You value an environment of constant change and opportunity.
- You effectively communicate your ideas to your peers and are comfortable in a team environment, but can also go heads-down and crank out working code independently.
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field, or have equivalent work experience.
- You have a passion for improving business workflows through the application of an excellent user experience.
- Bonus experience: React + Redux, WebRTC and websockets
Our office is located in downtown Austin a couple blocks from the light rail station. We have flexibility in our schedule and pride ourselves on self accountability. We have a daily standup call at 9 AM and stay synced via Slack and regular all hands meetings.
- We use Rails 5, jQuery, and node.js.
- Persistence is handled by Redis Cloud, Postgres, and Amazon S3.
- We use Sidekiq to handle background jobs, sending email through Sendgrid.
- We are hosted on Heroku.
How to Apply
Send an email to [email protected] with the subject line Software Engineer. Include your resume and a link to your GitHub account. If you don’t have a GitHub account, send us a representative code sample to review.