600 Congress Ave
Austin, TX 78701
Senior Dev Ops Engineer
Liveoak Technologies is hiring a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Austin-based development team. We’re an early-stage financial technology startup that has won several key engagements with global customers and are hiring to support the new growth.
You will work closely with development, product and customers to build robust, user friendly solutions. High-quality code, scalable architecture, system security and uptime are key metrics of success for this role.
- Design & deploy secure cloud platform capabilities using AWS (full stack network, load balancing, DNS, security, databases)
- Implement infrastructure capabilities in an automated cloud world such as backups, security tools, IAM, monitoring, etc.
- Implement & build automation tools that streamline deployment & systems updates
- Create monitoring & alert capabilities for production systems
- Develop and maintain automation tools to support the continuous delivery process
- Full-stack implementation and bug fixes on Liveoak web applications
- You have a depth of experience working with production AWS
- You have 7+ years experience supporting large scale production systems as a network/IT engineer
- You have an understanding of a Ruby, Rails environment
- You have a vision for implementing solutions and can effectively communicate ideas to your peers
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field, or have equivalent work experience
- You value an environment of constant change and opportunity.
- Bonus experience: working with HIPAA or SOC compliance
Our office is located in downtown Austin a couple blocks from the light rail station. We have flexibility in our schedule and pride ourselves on self accountability. We have a daily standup call at 9 AM and stay synced via Slack and regular all hands meetings.
How to Apply
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line DevOps Engineer. Include your resume and if available a link to your GitHub account. If you don’t have a GitHub account, send us a representative code or automation recipe/playbook sample to review.