Key Takeaways from DocuSign Momentum 2016
Last week, we attended the DocuSign Momentum 2016 conference in San Francisco, CA. Momentum is where customers and partners join DocuSign to share insights, strategies, and best practices for accelerating the digital transformation of their organizations.
A recurring theme that we heard during all panels and break out sessions from C-level executives and thought leaders was that digital transformation is one of their top strategic priorities.
A few key takeaways:
– During the founder keynote, Tom Gonser (DocuSign founder) talked about two key concepts: 1.) the digital conversation is much more than just the last 10 yards of the signature and 2.) DocuSign plans to lead the way in “smart contracts”. Smart contracts are computer programs that can automatically execute the terms of a contract (i.e. when a preprogrammed condition is triggered, the smart contract executes the corresponding contractual clause).
– We heard great insight from DocuSign’s partners such as Deloitte, IBM and Cisco regarding their viewpoints on digital transformation. These organizations are in the trenches with their enterprise customers and are charged with finding solutions to reinvent their digital experiences (i.e. to help increase accuracy, speed and compliance for their customers).
– Inhi Cho Suh, IBM’s GM of Collaboration and Solutions, discussed how signing a document invokes an emotional connection and represents more than just a signature. We find the behavioral science behind this theory to be relevant as emotional connection is directly related to defeating procrastination and executing documents.
– We heard from Matt Malden, DocuSign’s Chief Product Officer, about plans for product development and innovation. Three stand outs were 1.) dynamic visual flowcharts that show where the signature (envelope) is during the process 2.) audio signature for the visually impaired 3.) expansion of Digital Transaction Rooms. Digital Transaction Rooms create a private space for teams to manage documents and the contract workflow.
– We are particularly excited about the expanded role that collaboration is going to play in the next generation of digital transactions. This is one of the best conferences we have ever participated in and it really sets the tone for how DocuSign is a clear leader in digital transformation.