Effective December 31, 2019
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data. We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
What Personal Data does Liveoak collect?
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Why does Liveoak collect Personal Data?
Liveoak Technologies, Inc. uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
How does Liveoak collect Personal Data?
In most cases, Liveoak collects personal data directly from you. We will ask you for Personal Data when you interact with us, such as contacting us through our websites for sales inquiries, requesting information on our company, signing up to receive a report, newsletter or marketing communications, requesting access to one of our online Services applications, or requesting technical support. For instance:
- Business contact or End-user related information is collected in association with use of our Services such as your name, company’s name, business telephone number, business email address, and business title. This Personal Data is not shared with third parties.
- Visitor information is collected through your online interaction with Liveoak through one of two methods:
- You contact us through the use of the Contact Us page on our websites and you provide your name, company name, email address, and work phone
How does Liveoak use Personal Data?
We strongly believe in both minimizing the Personal Data we collect and limiting its use and purpose to only that: (1) for which we have been given permission by you; (2) as necessary to deliver the Services you are entitled to; or (3) as we might be required or permitted for legal compliance or other lawful purposes. Therefore, Liveoak uses Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Business purposes for Personal Data pertaining to Professionals with whom Liveoak Technologies has a business relationship may be used as needed:
- To initiate, assess, develop, maintain, or expand a business relationship, including negotiating, contracting, and fulﬁlling obligations under contracts;
- For due diligence regarding the Individual’s qualiﬁcations and eligibility for the relationship, including verifying the identity, qualiﬁcation, authority, and creditworthiness of the Professional and obtaining publicly-available information from third parties (such as screening companies);
- To send transactional communications (such as requests for information, responses to requests for information, orders, conﬁrmations, and service updates);
- For account management, accounting, ﬁnance, and dispute resolution purposes (such as accounts receivable and accounts payable) and for reporting;
- To assure quality control and to enforce company standards and policies;
- For risk management and mitigation, including for audit and insurance functions, and as needed to license and protect intellectual property and other assets; and
- For security management, including monitoring Individuals with access to Liveoak’s websites, applications, systems, or facilities, investigation of threats, and as needed for any Data Security Breach notiﬁcation.
- Liveoak may use Personal Data to develop and improve our products and/or services, and for research, analytics, and business intelligence.
- Liveoak may use Personal Data for relationship management and marketing. This purpose includes sending marketing and promotional communications to individuals who have not objected to receiving such messages as may be appropriate given the nature of the relationship, such as product and service marketing, customer communications, customer satisfaction surveys, supplier communications, and Liveoak news.
- Liveoak may use your Personal Data to communicate with you. We may contact you regarding products or services you have expressed an interest in. We may also contact you with offers for additional services we think you will find valuable if you give us consent, or where allowed based upon legitimate interests.
- Liveoak uses Personal Data for secondary purposes such as:
- Disaster recovery and business continuity, including transferring the information to a storage facility;
- Internal audits or investigations;
- Implementation or verification of business controls;
- Statistical or historical research;
- Dispute resolution;
- Compliance with laws and company policies; and
- Insurance purposes
Why and how does Liveoak disclose Personal Data?
Liveoak does not provide Personal Data to third parties for their own marketing purposes. We do not sell your User Personal Information for monetary or other consideration. We limit the sharing of Personal Data to the following:
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requests. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties that we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (such as subpoena requests), to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of a legal process.
- Sharing with Trusted Third Parties. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Special Cases. It is Liveoak’s policy not to use or share Personal Data in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses. However, the Company may disclose Personal Data, or information regarding your use of the Services or websites accessible through our Services, for any reason if, in our sole discretion, we believe that it is reasonable to do so, including: to satisfy laws, regulations, or governmental or legal requests for such information; to disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms and Conditions or other user policies; to operate the Services properly; or to protect the company, our customers, and business contacts.
- Legal Requirements. Liveoak Technologies, Inc. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, to protect and defend the rights or property of Liveoak Technologies, , to prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service, to protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public, and to protect against legal liability.
Cookies and Analysis
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security
Analysis. We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
“Do Not Track” Signals
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
International Data Transfers
How you can control, revise or delete your Personal Data.
Liveoak respects your right to control, revise or delete your Personal Data, or object to the processing (if any) of your Personal Data. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your Personal Data in the following manners:
- Opting in or out of additional communications from Liveoak by checking the associated box on forms used within our websites.
- Revoking your consent at any time, if you have previously agreed to our use of your Personal Data.
To exercise any of the individual rights afforded to you by applicable data protection laws and regulations, including asking for a copy of your Personal Data, please contact the Liveoak at privacy@Liveoak.net. You may also write to us at the addresses listed in the How to Contact Us section below. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
How we secure, store and retain your data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Your personal information is contained behind secured and all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
If you have any questions about the security or retention of your Personal Data, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Applying for a job on our site
If you apply for a job through the Liveoak website, we, or a human resources company assisting us, may ask you to provide self-identifying information (such as gender, marital status, and ethnicity) in conjunction with laws and regulations enforced by local government and regulatory agencies. Providing self-identifying information is voluntary, but if you do provide us with that information, we may submit it to the local government and regulatory agencies for business-related purposes, including responding to information requests, fulfilling regulatory reporting requirements, and defending against employment related complaints.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Data Protection Authority
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) and believe we maintain your Personal Data subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions or complaints to our lead supervisory authority, the UK Data Protection Authority as noted below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Hotline: 303 123 1113
How to Contact Us
600 Congress Ave
Austin, TX 78701
We will respond to all requests, inquiries or concerns within 30 days.